This job has expired.
Fabric Engineer/ Maintenance Supervisor London
Are you an experienced maintenance engineer with supervisory and health & safety experience to work for an exciting company where you can develop your skills further and be part of a valued team ?
Are you looking to develop a career with a company that will value you?
If you answered yes to all the above apply via the link or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an immediate interview & start
I am currently recruiting for a permanent fabric engineer for a static site in North London. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your maintenance career by working as part of the Maintenance and Compliance team. It is working under the direction of the Maintenance and Compliance Manager and Estate Manager, ensuring that excellent standards of maintenance, repairs, compliance and property management are maintained at all times
The company is well-established non profit organisation whose main purpose it to provide emotional and financial support for previous employees. They provide stable retirement facilities for individuals who have come from a retail or related industry and have exclusive estates across the country set in peaceful locations.
- Undertake own trade and general repairs as required to ensure the provision of a high quality responsive property, facilities and maintenance support service within agreed time scales..
- Work as directed by the Maintenance and Compliance Manager/Estate Manager to ensure that the maintenance and compliance programme is kept up to date.
- Bring to the attention of the Maintenance and Compliance Manager/Estate Manager any matters relating to the condition of Estate property that require attention.
- Carry out required health and safety checks to ensure compliance with landlord requirements.
- Provide a high quality responsive repairs, maintenance and facilities service within agreed time scales.
- Advise the Maintenance and Compliance Manager/Estate Manager of materials required in good time to ensure continuity of work.
- On-site management of contractors, maintaining appropriate records and ensuring compliance with Control of Contractors Policy.
- Attend regular team meetings to encourage good communication, to provide motivation to drive work forward target time scales, discuss new ideas, issues and update staff on developments and corporate agendas.
- Liaise with Estate Managers on property, facilities and maintenance issues.
- Assist the Maintenance and Compliance Manager in implementing quality assurance initiatives to continually improve maintenance standards.
- Ensure all work complies with current legislation / regulations and is completed to a high standard.
- Assist in maintaining a health and safety database, recording audits, action plans, gas safety checks, PAT testing, etc. to ensure adherence to legislative requirements.
- Assist in the planning of annual, cyclical, external and internal maintenance work and record as necessary keeping the Maintenance and Compliance Manager informed and updated on health and safety, risk and budget implications.
- Assist in planning a preventative property maintenance programme linked to heal